Friday, August 29, 2008

I am still here! It has been a busy week with school starting back. I homeschool 3 of my 4 kids. My oldest child, Daniel, attends a public highschool. My homeschooled kids and I attend a co-op once a week. I am just beginning to lapbook with the kids. It looks like a creative, thorough way for them to learn a topic. I think we are going to begin with the election. If anyone has helpful tips concerning lapbooking, please pass them along. My daughter, Isabel(2), is learning her letters and their sounds. She has initiated this herself. None of my other children were interested in letters at this age, just catching bugs and being outside. I did have one who ate dirt like it was chocolate and fish food for dessert. I am not kidding! The pediatrician said I shouldn't be concerned. I was! It isn't like we didn't have real chocolate in the house. This child did eventually come around and traded dirt for chocolate. I want to share an easy and tasty recipe that I use with Isabel. It is peanut butter play-dough. 1/3-part peanut butter, 1/3-part dry powdered milk, and 1/3-part honey. Mix well and knead for a few minutes until dough sticks together. Refrigerate leftovers in airtight container to keep for a week or more. This is great because after creating letters, numbers or whatever, the child can eat it! Have a safe and peaceful weekend!

1 comment:

SueAnne said...

We use the same ingredients for Peanut Butter Balls. I never thought of using this recipe for play dough. I'm definetely going to make some for tomorrow - once again, you've inspired me !