Saturday, October 11, 2008

It has been quite some time since I've posted. Life is getting back to normal for us since hurricane Ike made landfall. There are still so many displaced and without a job. They need our prayers and help. I had been teaching my kids in science class at co-op about hurricanes a week before Ike affected us. I find it interesting that the eye is calm and quiet, but the eye wall is the most fierce part of the hurricane. It reminds me of life. My life can be busy, unpredictable and painful to walk at times, but I can be calm (seemingly unaffected) because of the peace that surpasses all understanding God has given me. I am thankful to be in the palm of His hand. No matter what the "wind" blows my way, God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Bethany's (my daughter) 15th birthday. I love her so much! She is a precious, giving person. We had a party for her today. Last week when I asked her what kind of cake she wanted me to make, she was more concerned about what her friends would like. I told her, "It's about you, not them." I'm always telling my kids, "life isn't about you!" She takes it way too far, sometimes. When Bethy was born, she was like the calm after the storm. Daniel, my oldest, was supercharged! He talked and moved nonstop! He outlasted the energizer bunny. Anyone who knew him would agree. My life would be dull without the addition of kids. I am so thankful God's plan was kids for me. They are each so incredibly wonderful in their unique way! I have no favorites and no tolerance for parents and grandparents who do. I know what it is like NOT to be the favorite. I'm so glad I don't have to prove myself to God. He made me and loves me, period. Who am I not to love each of my children with everything I have equally? I don't always like there attitude or choices. They will always be able to count on my love just like I count on God's love for me.

No comments: